I specialise in recruiting for trainee and niche roles with a focus on Practice Accountancy and tax. Let me know what you want, be it a job with onsite parking, flexi-time, or something else and I will find you that job.
View all Caroline's Jobs
Wallace Myers is currently working on behalf of a number of Practices to recruit Audit Seniors for great roles in Dublin and Nationwide.
There is a huge range of opportunities available for good candidates – Roles that offer genuine work life balance, roles offering a fast-track to promotion, roles with market leading salary and benefits packages, and roles outside of the city centre to reduce time spent commuting.
Duties vary depending on each firm, and we will be happy to guide and advise you on what is a good fit for you and your current priorities.
General Responsibilities of Audit Senior:
- Assist with planning of audit, including staffing and deadlines
- Attend Client audit planning meetings
- Prepare financial statements
- Take responsibility for the delivery of high quality audit work and the production of excellent working papers and summaries of information
- Plan, control and review the work of the audit team, in particular of the junior staff working with you
- Close all queries raised by manager on audit work papers
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts, and apply them in practice
- Provide performance feedback to trainees at end of engagement
- Travel to client sites, either in Ireland or internationally
- Work closely with other members of the field teams to identify opportunities for better working practices
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA)
- Excellent knowledge of auditing companies in the consumer business and technology sectors, including property and manufacturing
- Knowledge of Irish GAAP with a working knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP a distinct advantage
- Initiative and ability to work without supervision
- On the job coaching of junior staff
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written, in particular, business report writing
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with computer based auditing systems is advantageous
This position was pPosted on 22 Jan 2019