Head of Compliance
€120000 - €121000 per annum Bonus Excellent Benefits
The Head of compliance will be responsible for defining and implementing the regulatory and compliance control framework in line with local regulatory, legal and environmental regulations both in Ireland and internationally, where the company operates whilst ensuring alignment where applicable.
You will lead a specialist team and report directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will create and sustain strong working relationships with relevant regulatory bodies, provide regulatory guidance and advice to the senior management team and lead the implementation of compliance solutions to support the business.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Defining and implementing the Compliance management & control programme for within the Irish HQ and across the jurisdictions within which the companies operate, in line with the relevant regulatory guidance and using a risk-based approach.
- Fostering a strong culture of regulatory compliance and awareness.
- First point of contact along with the CEO in dealing with various regulatory bodies and authorities including the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Maintain the Company's Compliance Framework in terms of emerging legislation, revised controls and new business processes/functions, in conjunction with business owners.
- Maintaining records of contact and ensuring that information owed to regulators and other stakeholders is supplied.
- Managing regulatory inspections and other visits by or to regulators, ensuring that minutes are drafted and agreed, and follow-on actions are delivered.
- Reporting - preparation of monthly/quarterly/ annual compliance reports for the risk committee, board, senior management, and other key stakeholders.
- Establishing policies and directing activities to ensure compliance with international/local directives, as well as legislative, industry, government and environmental regulations on a national and international scale.
- Oversight of AML and CTF compliance across the business. Providing the Board and Committees with advice and briefings on policy and strategy with respect to compliance issues.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure exchange of information internally and externally to avoid dispute and overlap.
- Acting as Data Protection Officer will ensure a robust approach to compliance with GDPR and other directives as may come in to force locally and in other relevant countries.
- Establishing, assessing, testing and monitoring relevant control processes to determine whether they are adequate to comply with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with external partners, regulators and opinion formers.
- Developing and delivering Board, management & employee training on compliance
- Support business growth and strategy with regard to reviewing new products, documents, and marketing materials for compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and advising where regulatory obligations may be breached with respect to such, providing solutions to the business as appropriate.
- Escalating issues with compliance of products or promotions to senior management, where applicable, and working with relevant functions and business partners to ensure the Company's interests are achieved in a compliant manner.
- Deliver against agreed talent strategies including knowledge transfer and technical development
- Application of compliance principles to support growth and organisation-wide projects with robust technical knowledge and advice but with a pragmatic and commercially oriented approach
- Recording instances of breach of regulation and ensuring they are reported to internal and external parties, as appropriate.
- Acting as a strategic partner between the Compliance function, and its stakeholders. Work closely with Legal, Risk Management, Internal Control and Audit to avoid overlap and duplication with other functions.
- Liaising with the Legal department in identifying the impact of new legislation and working with other functions and business units to ensure efficient, effective, and timely implementation.
- Ensure that tailored training
- Educated to third level
- German and/or French language skills (Desirable)
- Relevant Professional Qualification (e.g. law, regulatory compliance or risk management).
- Professional Diploma in compliance (ACOI) (Desirable)
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience within a busy Compliance, Risk, Regulatory or Internal Audit Team.
- Previous Insurance experience is essential, cross-border preferred.
- Exposure to the Irish regulatory environment is essential.
- Experience of working with Third party distributors of protection products is desirable.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess experience of working across multiple jurisdictions.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to manage and lead a team within a challenging multi-cultural work environment
- This is a PCF position which will be subject to approval by the Central Bank of Ireland so candidates will need to demonstrate sufficient Knowledge, Experience and Fitness & Probity.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the EEA
About Wallace Myers International | Recruitment Agency
Wallace Myers International is a specialist recruitment agency headquartered in Dublin 2, Ireland. We are the staffing experts of choice for businesses and organisations seeking staffing solutions of the highest calibre. We are the market leaders in professional recruitment and lead the way in Retail, Pharmacy, Accountancy, Financial Services, HR, Business Support, Construction & Property, Marketing & Sales, Hospitality, Technology.
This position was pPosted on 14 Mar 2019