My client based in Dublin West is looking for an Operations Manager to join their growing team. Leading a team of 20 employees, this role will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing and will work closely with other department managers, to ensure the company delivers high-quality products and services to their global customer base.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for activities across our several functions, providing direction and leadership to a team of 20.
- Lead and coordinate a varied and highly skilled team of technical experts by providing clear targets, objectives, and support.
- Give clear direction ensuring productivity and quality targets are being delivered daily
- Anticipate and understand the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Drive a quality culture through action, investigation, and close-out of quality issues
- Expect high standards, challenge poor performance.
- Implement plans with commitment, insistence, and discipline
- Actively support company initiatives and direction
- Engage the team in a collective vision, providing clarity, and direction
- Take a systematic approach to create a high performing team
- Ensure the team are informed through regular, appropriate communication. Create opportunities for feedback and discussion
- Ensure the team are enabled and have the tools, direction and skills required to do carry out their role to the standards required.
- Encourage interdepartmental collaboration by working closely with the other departments
- Identify and support, individual and team training & development needs
- Develop and deliver a training and development plan to support the team to achieve their potential, providing on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Create and sustain a positive team environment, encouraging high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit
- Manage associated processes and team by leading and coordinating the day to day work of a team
- Plan, co-coordinate and track schedules, ensuring adherence to standards & processes
- Deliver the objectives set for the department. Set the targets, goals, and objectives for the department, establishing appropriate KPI’s
- Set clear expectations & hold people to account
- Drive improvements in productivity and efficiency daily through appropriate workload management and monitoring
- Establish best practice work processes, ensuring all processes are in place, maintained and complied with.
- Drive the delivery of quality standards, ensuring all work is defect free.
- Ensure all testing equipment is maintained and functional.
- Actively manage and takes personal responsibility for high-risk jobs
- Ensure right the first assembly to our customer requirements and of our tooling to our customers within our current agile delivery process.
- Develop, lead, and manage continuous improvement projects to optimise productivity and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for the H&S within the area, and support to ensure best practice is in place
- Drive a culture of 5S standards across the site, ensuring standards are clear and maintained.
- Challenge the status quo by identifying opportunities for improvement in current processes.
- Drive efficiencies and optimises resources
- Encourage others to embrace change, leading by example
- Act with both internal and external customers in mind
- Work persistently to gather information and seek solutions to problems.
- Support the resolution of customer issues ensuring issue do not reoccur and remedial actions are taken
Requirements & Competencies:
- 5 + years’ experience in an operations role, with a track record of managing diverse teams of highly skilled and long-tenured professionals
- Experience in a production-driven environment such as manufacturing, engineering, logistics or FMCG essential.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Studies an advantage
- Experience of leading and developing a high performing team, with the ability to engage, motivate and enable others.
- Experience/qualification in lean continuous improvement and a proven track record of delivering improvement projects
- A highly effective communicator and motivator
- Ability to drive collaboration with multiple stakeholders and encourage cross-departmental working
- Highly organised with the ability to plan, manage multiple tasks and deal with ad hoc events.
- Experience working in a high paced dynamic environment
- Ability to drive and maintain high levels of quality, creating a culture whereby standards are continuously being raised
- A self-starter capable of working on own initiative and making decisions
- Ability to listen carefully and assimilate information quickly and communicate in an engaging manner.
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and deal with a challenging situation
- Proven ability to execute and achieve individual & team KPI’s via performance management
This position was pPosted on 03 Dec 2020