IO Packaging Technologist
Up to €30950 per annum See job description
Working closely with the buying, packaging and CSR teams, you will have the exciting opportunity to build and shape a strong packaging strategy to deliver best value packaging solutions and plastic commitments. You will be engaging with almost every area of the business, as well as building powerful relationships externally.
- Work with suppliers to identify, develop and deliver best value technical packaging solutions, advising the business on cost implications.
- Deliver packaging optimisation projects to realise cost reductions and meet our Packaging Targets.
- Supporting Buying teams by manage the technical aspect of packaging development activities.
- Conduct regular reviews of our product portfolio to identify packaging opportunities to improve quality, functionality and reduce cost.
- Researching future trends in packaging technologies and materials and feeding back to the team in order to help to develop strategy.
- Advise and support potential group buying activities for packaging.
- Act as the direct link between the Buying Team and supply chain with regards to packaging development.
- Attend external working groups and engage in industry-wide collaborative programme.
- Independent, self-starter, ability to drive change.
- A comprehensive, technical understanding of packaging materials and processes is essential.
- Experience in food contact material.
- Capable of taking technical subjects and explaining them in a way that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- Ideally 2 years' experience working in a similar role within a food retailer or FMCG market.
- Natural at building strong relationships with internal team and with external stakeholders.
What you can expect
- Starting Salary €30,950
- 20 days holiday per annum
- 2 year contract
- Flexible start and finish times
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- New office facility
- On-site gym and canteen
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 26 Jun 2020