Managing Director, Data Science
€150000 - €250000 per annum
Managing Director, Data Science
My client, a major global success story in consulting are enjoying double digit growth with their highly effective, positive outcome focused, model. While being part of the firm's global network, they leverage their independency and entrepreneurial spirit to deliver a truly effective consulting offering to their enterprise customers.
One of their key selling points is their team of world class subject matter experts and thought leaders. With expertise in mind they are looking to strengthen their senior leadership team and are seeking a Data Science Leader to join their thriving business.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be a key leader in our consulting practice based in Ireland but working closely with your global colleagues and be part of one of the most impactful consulting organisations globally. You will bring in your powerful network and subject matter expertise to grow the practice according to the ambitious business targets over the next 5 and more years
- You will have direct accountability and overall oversight responsibility for large projects of a complex nature. Delivering every project at the highest quality standard and on budget, you will lead your team effectively in solving problems. By choosing from a broad set of techniques and experience you will inspire innovative thinking in your team members to leverage the firm's knowledge and portfolio
- You will lead complex negotiations and contract agreements for consulting projects, inspiring customers to go beyond the initial project scope. As the success of my client's projects is highly dependent on your subject matter expertise and the skills of your team, you will develop and coach the entire team by identifying skill gaps and tailoring necessary trainings.
- You will coach and mentor clients to help grow capabilities and effectiveness to achieve challenging goals. Making customer satisfaction your #1 priority you will be highly accepted by top-management in any customer and project environment. You are confident to initiate controversial discussion with top management on business priorities and you will be adept at achieving changes in thinking and behaviour
- You will further enhance your skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. You will combine firm knowledge and experience from multiple backgrounds to provide optimal customer solutions
Your qualifications and experience:
- You will be an outstanding and recognised thought leader in the field of Data Science.
- You are an undergraduate or hold a master's degree with consistent outstanding academic record; an advanced graduate degree (e.g., MBA, PhD, M.D. etc.) is preferred
- You have many years of experience as a leader from a renowned consulting firms OR as a Corporate Data Science Leader who has consulted extensively internally.
- You have a powerful network within Ireland and abroad.
- You have a proven track record of running large complex programs with multiple implementations and/or solution deployments
- You have experience in overseeing the work of multiple work stream leads or project/program managers and tracking their projects' key performance indicators
- A background in or strong knowledge of Financial Services would be strongly preferred.
Your attributes and skills:
- You stand out due to excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- You are an entrepreneurial and results-driven achiever and have the ability to build advisor relationships with C-suite and Board member clients
- You have strong persuasive communication ability, both verbally and in writing.
- As a Practice Lead with my client, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. In this role you will work on the best teams to help clients succeed globally in today's dynamic environment. You will interact with multiple clients and work with a number of colleagues in various functional areas locally and internationally.
About Wallace Myers International | Recruitment Agency
Wallace Myers International is a specialist recruitment agency headquartered in Dublin 2, Ireland. We are the staffing experts of choice for businesses and organisations seeking staffing solutions of the highest calibre. We are the market leaders in professional recruitment and lead the way in Retail, Pharmacy, Accountancy, Financial Services, HR, Business Support, Construction & Property, Marketing & Sales, Hospitality, Technology.
This position was pPosted on 02 Aug 2019