As a qualified accountant and experienced accountancy recruiter Gareth offers a tailored service to his clients and candidates. Gareth primarily focuses on providing qualified accountants from Small to Medium Companies, Public Limited Companies, and Shared Service Centres.
View all Gareth's Jobs
Tax Accountant - Contract
Dublin West, Dublin
€60000 - €70000 per annum
Our client, based in Dublin is seeking a Tax Accountant to provide on-site local tax resources to our local business functions and support the global corporate tax team. Work will include a variety of tax issues in a fast-paced, growing organization. This is a fixed contract job for 8 months.
- Provide real time local income tax and VAT support to the European team including acquisition, construction, operation, corporate finance, leasing and accounting teams;
- Coordinate with local tax advisors on the local country tax compliance matters for entities in the European structure. Gather information requested by the advisors and review tax returns prepared to ensure timely and accurate tax return filings and payments with all appropriate agencies;
- Correspond with local tax authorities on local country notices, elections and tax assessments;
- Work closely with internal and external parties on tax/legal structure and maintenance of entities to ensure the legal documents and financial records reflect the intent of the tax structure, including documentation of proper funds flow in relation to capital structure of investment;
- Manage value-added projects, such as cost segregation studies to maximize cash flow and minimize tax leakage in countries where the organisation operates;
- Provide insights on local tax issues and assist the Corporate Tax team in calculating and budgeting local country tax liabilities, including preparation of US GAAP quarterly tax provisions to ensure adequate tax reserves have been established for US reporting purpose;
- Assist the Corporate Tax team in monitoring quarterly/annual US REIT compliance-respond to diligence requests from REIT counsel, provide updates on operations and acquisitions in the EMEA region;
- Assist the Corporate Tax team with documentation of the Company's tax positions, such as transfer pricing policies, internal control processes, and uncertain tax positions with respect to European operation
- Assist in the management of the groups BEPs requirements.
- Utilize the OneSource tax software to produce regular tax provisions.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
- 5 years of combined public and corporate tax experience.
- Perceptive, self-starter, able to work independently and under pressure.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and Attentive to detail
- Strong computer skills and Experience with OneSource.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Wallace Myers International | Recruitment Agency
Wallace Myers International is a specialist recruitment agency headquartered in Dublin 2, Ireland. We are the staffing experts of choice for businesses and organisations seeking staffing solutions of the highest calibre. We are the market leaders in professional recruitment and lead the way in Retail, Pharmacy, Accountancy, Financial Services, HR, Business Support, Construction & Property, Marketing & Sales, Hospitality, Technology.
This position was pPosted on 12 Feb 2019