Risk Manager - Financial Services - Dublin
€65000 - €75000 per annum
Risk Manager - Financial Services - Dublin - E65K
A financial and retail services organisation in the heart of Dublin, are seeking a Financial Services Risk Manager to join their expanding operations.
Reporting to the F.S Director, the Financial Services Risk Manager is responsible for the implementation of risk frameworks and policies across the First Line of Defence in line with increasing regulatory expectations and requirements. The successful candidate will assist in ensuring that Financial Services complies with appropriate policies and procedures, industry best risk management practices, and regulatory requirements in respect of risk. The Risk Manager will be involved in a wide variety of initiatives and projects, including the development of new products and services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring there are clear policies, procedures and controls in place covering all risks, including operational and compliance risks.
- Providing independent quality assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Services control environment through the implementation of an assurance program.
- Monitoring emerging trends relating to risk events, KRI's or breaches of risk appetite and working collaboratively with First Line colleagues to ensure that risk management processes and controls are updated to address all changed requirements.
- Ensure that the risk and control assessment reporting process (including reporting to senior management) is well defined and effective.
- Liaising on an ongoing basis with the Retail Compliance Manager and his team, who will operate as a second line of defence, on issues related to the effective management of risk and compliance within the line in the Financial Services area
- Support the Financial Services operations management in interactions with, risk, compliance, internal and external auditors, in addition to reviewing and implementing all audit recommendations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- You will have a professional qualification or relevant third level degree in Business, Finance or other quantitative discipline and relevant professional certifications e.g. Risk, Compliance, Data Protection
- You must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the area of financial services risk management
- You will have strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and be a team player with the ability to lead a team
- You will be a self-starter with the ability to take a strategic or operational perspective in developing solutions
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact across all areas of the organisation and at all levels, and the ability to maintain clear lines of communication and work effectively with First Line colleagues in the management and delivery of risk and control assessments.
To be considered for the Financial Services Risk Manager opportunity, apply today or caontact Anthony Johnson on 01-619-1833 for more information. Thank you.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 14 Jan 2020