As a qualified accountant and experienced accountancy recruiter Gareth offers a tailored service to his clients and candidates. Gareth primarily focuses on providing qualified accountants from Small to Medium Companies, Public Limited Companies, and Shared Service Centres.Contact Gareth View all Gareth's Jobs
Seeking a talented Italian speaking General Ledger Accountant to join an innovative Fortune 500 company. The successful candidate will act as a key member of our Finance Shared Services team. The position will report directly into the Accounts Payable Finance Manager and offers a mix of exposure to both accounting and analysis across the Italian business.
We are a global software retailer that specializes in consumer electronics. Our company's core values include a passion behind our consumers and a social responsibility to give back to the community. Our company offers a diverse workplace with an excellent benefits package and ability to grow your skillset.
This role involves:
- Posting of Month End Journals
- Preparation of Supporting Month End Reconciliations
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Provision of information in respect of both Internal and External audits
- Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Requirements
- Recommendation and Implementation of Process Improvements
- Streamlining of processes/controls
- Supervising that all invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Liaising with Management and Suppliers to follow up queries and approvals
- Reconciliation of Vendor Accounts & Month-End Reconciliations.
- Adherence to strict deadlines, providing timely, accurate information - Month/quarter and year-end filing.
- Assisting in weekly and monthly payment runs.
- Ad hoc financial analysis
- Other Ad-hoc duties
The GL Accountant will possess the following qualities:
- Structured and has an eye for details
- Has excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thrives in a busy and dynamic work environment
- Has an energetic personality
- Experienced on working in Italian GAAP
- Detailed knowledge of the Italian VAT codes
- Two years post qualification experience working in an Italian business
- Fluent In Italian
Skills and Qualifications:
- ACA / ACCA qualified professional/Dottore Commercialista/Revisore dei conti
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Motivated and enthusiastic personality, with a 'hands-on' attitude
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, combined with an overall commercial mindset
- Strong interpretive and analysis skills
- Ability to standardise processes, and suggest improvements to same