Information Security Officer
€70000 - €75000 per annum Great Benefits
Wallace Myers International is now recruiting an Information Security Office to join the IT Systems department of a major brand in Dublin.
As the information security officer, you will set out the company-wide security strategy, implement security standards and monitor compliance against security policies agenda. Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of the implementation of group IT Security policies and requirements, and monitoring of compliance.
- Research and provision of solutions for gaps identified by internal/external reports or emerging new threats, in cooperation with group level.
- Directing staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining processes across the organization to reduce information and technology risks.
- Responding to incidents, establishing appropriate standards and controls, managing security technologies, and directing the establishment and implementation of resulting policies and procedures.
- Specifying and supervising the technical implementation of preventive IT security measures
- Organisation and coordination of external and internal IT vulnerability assessments, following up the remediation of findings.
- Consultation and support of ongoing business projects along with project management of technical projects in the area of compliance and IT security.
- Provision of expert advice on security related issues to the internal IT teams and the wider business.
- Reporting the status of group information security to the Chief Information Officer and other relevant internal parties.
- Producing a training and development plan for staff with influence on matters affecting IT security.
- Ownership of the national cybersecurity awareness program, ensuring C suite awareness of current and emerging threats.
- Coordination and oversight of on-going internal and external technical and compliance audits, and remediation of potential findings.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a senior information security or similar IT leadership role, ideally gained within a large international organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders to obtain results and instigate change.
- Highly motivated and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate good judgement in navigating challenging issues and in recommending an appropriate course of action.
- In depth technical level comprehension of networking, databases and/or business applications showing a strong understanding of relevant subject matter.
- A deep understanding of vulnerability management and associated monitoring solutions, tools and awareness of industry best practices.
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Experience of formal security risk assessment methodologies.
- A working knowledge of ISO27001 and; ISO27002 standards an advantage.
- Professional certification in IT Security a distinct advantage - CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC etc.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 14 Jul 2020