Hedge Fund Accounting Manager
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
€60000 - €75000 per annum Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Hybr
Fund Accounting Manager - Competitive Salary - Opportunities available in Dublin/Cork/Limerick
A Fund Accounting Manager will be required to manage the overall NAV calculation process within the guidelines and procedures and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Director and Managing Director. They will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require a detailed understanding of the service requirements for Hedge Fund Administration.
- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Fund Accounting Director to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Manage and develop client teams of up to 10 employees.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review daily and monthly NAV calculations.
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations.
- Review applicable monthly, yearly and inception to date performance.
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Investigate accounting implications of new products.
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition.
- Participate in development and presentation of fund accounting training.
- Manage fund accounting recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Handle complex calls from clients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Investor Services, Quality Assurance, Client Servicing and Compliance departments.
- 5 years' experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with at least 3 of those at supervisor level is desired.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 hons degree.
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- IT Literate.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills demonstrate leadership skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- Reliable and Dependable.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 04 May 2022