SAP Delivery Lead
This role is responsible for all aspects of delivery for core business processes within the Irish BU and works with Delivery Leads and Solution Leaders in Europe to assess where there is overlap in projects between business units and assist in understanding where resources in their respective area could be utilized in other projects across Europe.
This role is focused on partnering with the local business stakeholders to understand demand and requirements while also considering the wider European business. As delivery lead with responsibility for Irish BU, you will oversee a complex SAP environment (including SAP ECC, EWM and PI) and some other legacy systems. You will manage and co-ordinate a team of 6 team members and an offshore support team.
The role will work closely with the other teams and will be responsible for the operational and project-related aspects within their respective delivery area for European and Global initiatives and applications.
- Works with the business to understand needs and create the solution vision and business requirements
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of these projects and system changes from the team
- Ensure there is appropriate support for the applications within the Delivery area
- Manage offshore support resource and ensure issues dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that all demand is fed into the Demand Management process
- Ensure that resources across Europe are considered prior to look at contractors
- Assist local Business Unit Leaders with documenting and building Demand Forms
- Defines testing and deployment operations and provides technical advice
- Produces accurate and complete project documentation, communicates project status, issues and risks and ensures project progresses on schedule and within budget
Experience and Qualifications
- Support business needs and growth through standardization and out of the box capabilities within Europe and aligned with global technology capabilities
- Be part of the team for developing and optimizing solution applications in Europe in cooperation with the US
- Work with your colleagues to create and put in place an agreed strategy within Europe
- Work with leadership to leverage related capabilities as part of delivering on business needs across Europe.
- Work with leaders to optimize the cost of solutions and applications across Europe
- Establish and work to scaled Agile delivery methodologies across the teams
- Act as a central point of contact for all related matters within Ireland
- Ensure all solutions are delivered in line with cybersecurity, GDPR, and compliance needs
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team working in full life cycle projects
- Manage 3rd party vendors providing project-related services. Includes partnering with vendors to ensure delivery of SLAs and contractual agreement
- Establish delivery plans considering the design and implementation deliverables time and being responsible for financial and resource budgets within your delivery area
- Interact regularly with management to communicate status on milestones and impacts of technical hurdles
This position was pPosted on 17 Nov 2020