Retail Marketing & Events Executive
€40000 - €45000 per annum
Our client is looking for a Retail Marketing & Events Executive to join the marketing team. The candidate will gain practical experience working in the client's marketing team in the fast-paced retail HQ environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all marketing materials are up to date and consistent with ongoing marketing strategy and brand guidelines
- To provide marketing expertise to shape projects to build brand awareness, favourability, and loyalty
- Assisting with the implementation of marketing activities to enhance the reputation and image of the company develop strong customer loyalty
- Deal with third party suppliers in the production of marketing material
- Experience with planning and implementing marketing campaigns
Promotions & Loyalty Programme:
- Working on both local promotions and national brand-wide promotions
- Work with the buying team with the implementation of new, innovative and cost-effective promotions to drive business and increase customer loyalty.
- Duties include assisting with design, production, allocation, and distribution of point of sale materials
- Assisting with promotions planning and stores briefings
- Promotions reporting and analysis
- Ensuring stores are adequately supported and trained to achieve loyalty swipe rates, sign-ups, and other key metrics
- Running and attending store events such as launches, customer evenings, community events, etc.
- Duties include production of marketing collateral, event supplies, promotion and publicising of the event
Communications, Advertising & PR:
- Work with the digital marketing executive to execute and monitor an effective digital and social media strategy in line with overall marketing guidelines.
- Work with the digital marketing executive to execute SMS & E-mail campaigns
- Working with designers and/or creative agency to produce adverts, leaflets, point-of-sale and other marketing collateral
- Coordinating with media agency to book local/national ads in press, print, radio, outdoor advertising
- Writing and sending press release to local media to promote the store locally
- Co-ordinating Public Relations campaigns
- Prepare store communications, including briefing documents, policies and updates
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for internal updates
- Act as the point of contact for day to day marketing-relating issues
- Provide marketing materials to stores as required
- Work with the commercial and operations team on marketing relating tasks
- Reports & Administration:
- Reporting on marketing activities and related KPIs in an accurate manner
- Administrative support, including managing purchase orders, cheque requisition, online payments etc.
- The successful candidate must have a third level degree in related field such as Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Multi-Media or Communications.
- 4-5 years of business to consumer marketing experience
- Some retail experience
- Strong understanding of marketing and consumer trends
- Exhibits the ability to manage the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, relevant to the sector and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios to maximize engagement.
- The ability to plan, organize and meet deadlines.
- The candidate must be able to work as part of a cross-functional team and also be capable of working independently and their own initiative
- Good at understanding and responding to the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen together with a good understanding of the retail marketplace would be a distinct advantage.
About Wallace Myers International | Recruitment Agency
Wallace Myers International recruitment teams specialize in accountancy, financial services, hr, business support, administration, construction, engineering, marketing, retail, technology and executive search.
This position was pPosted on 08 Apr 2019