Senior Casualty Underwriter
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
€65000 - €70000 per annum
My Client, a leading global insurance organization is looking for a Senior Casualty Underwriter.
- Communicate risk appetite and Casualty Value Proposition to brokers.
- Collaborate with Distribution and other line(s) of business underwriters to target desirable accounts and cross selling opportunities from brokers.
- Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be underwritten.
- Recognize and create cross selling opportunities for other General Insurance products.
- Work with brokers to understand deal structures, terms, and services that best meets clients' needs.
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with brokers and clients.
- Participate in special underwriting projects as needed.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business.
- Working with their manager, develop an individual business plan that is in line with product strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining risk selection in adherence with product guidelines and for achieving rate, renewal retention and new business goals.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experience underwriters.
- Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients.
- Completion of technical raters and good file management.
What we're looking for:
- 5 years of Casualty Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience.
- Someone with knowledge of writing Captive risks or large SIR accounts.
- Progress in CIP Insurance exams.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude.
- Comfort with analytical tools and technology.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 12 May 2022