Supply Chain Order & Delivery Controller
€43000 - €55000 per annum benefits
With over 6,000 colleagues across stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The Supply Chain department are looking for a confident and motivated Supply Chain order and delivery controller to join the busy and fast-paced Department.
The successful candidate will bring a proactive and creative approach to solving problems, by following international procedures. This role offers a high level of responsibility and the opportunity to be involved in, and influence, the coordination of orders and deliveries of stock from Europe to our 4 warehouses.
What you'll do
- Liaising with internal HO and international order logistics departments and RDCs
- Preparing, consolidating and checking national orders prior to sending them to international colleagues to be verified, processed and sent to suppliers.
- Dealing with warehouse delivery issues
- First point of contact between IE/NI & Germany for international delivery related questions (ad-hoc requests)
- Troubleshooting and resolving ordering and delivering issues E.g. Sailing delays due to bad weather, transport damages etc.
- Building a good relationship with Food Buying, Food Specials and Regional Supply Chain whilst dealing with their ad-hoc queries
- Updating and maintaining reports/ logs and spreadsheets E.g. Outstanding/Late containers
- Pro-active actions to reduce warehouse missing items
What you'll need
- German language would be a distinct advantage (written and spoken)
- Good level of MS Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Pro-active with a confident, resistant and 'can do' attitude
- Used to working to schedules and deadlines with the ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
- Highly focused with an eye for detail
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Experience in a logistics or stock controlling related role is advantageous
- Ability to integrate into and work as part of an established team.
- Strong ability to build solid business relationships
- Confidence to take daily challenges and work on own initiative
- Ability to manage, process and rely large amounts of information.
What you'll receive
- €43,250 rising to €55,150 over 4 years
- 20 days holidays per annum rising to 25 days after two years
- Private employee medical insurance
- Company pension after one year of service
- Flexible start and finish times
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- New office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 03 Nov 2022