As a qualified accountant and experienced accountancy recruiter Gareth offers a tailored service to his clients and candidates. Gareth primarily focuses on providing qualified accountants from Small to Medium Companies, Public Limited Companies, and Shared Service Centres.
View all Gareth's Jobs
Financial Reporting Manager
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
€75000 - €85000 per annum excellent benefits
FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
You will be a senior member of the Dublin office financial reporting team working in a multi-national group environment. The team works closely with Head Office and international operating subsidiaries alike and will play a significant role in the implementation of IFRS 17 across the Group. The team also supports due diligence initiatives across the Group.
- Ensuring the successful implementation of IFRS 17 at the P&C reinsurance companies (writing a mix of third party and intragroup business) managed by the Dublin team.
- Acting as a business partner to certain international (re)insurance operations with respect to the groupwide IFRS 17 implementation project.
- Contributing to the successful delivery of the Dublin office's quarterly Group financial reporting deliverables, as may be required.
- Accounting research and analysis of new transactions or business initiatives, including the preparation of IFRS technical accounting papers.
The above tasks are not definitive, and the tasks and responsibilities may change as the business develops.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Qualified Accountant with 6 years PQE
- Relevant (re)insurance reporting experience in a corporate environment or at Manager level in a "Big 4" firm.
- Pre-existing knowledge / experience of IFRS 17 a distinct advantage.
- Strong technical accounting skills - broad and detailed knowledge of the IFRS reporting standards and previous exposure to accounting complexities.
- Experience of consolidations and acquisition accounting a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management skills and experience.
- Proactive and solution-oriented approach to researching and addressing complex matters.
Some Travel will be required
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 29 Nov 2019