As a qualified accountant and experienced accountancy recruiter Gareth offers a tailored service to his clients and candidates. Gareth primarily focuses on providing qualified accountants from Small to Medium Companies, Public Limited Companies, and Shared Service Centres.
View all Gareth's Jobs
Audit Manager - Industry
€60000 - €70000 per annum
Our client based in Dublin is currently looking for an accountant to join their Regulations team.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Investigate whether solicitors are in compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Regulations 2014, with the Solicitors (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Regulations 2020 and with the provisions of the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010 and 2018.
- Prepare investigation reports for presentation to the Regulation of Practice Committee, which deals with matters relating to the Solicitors Accounts Regulations and compliance with Anti Money Laundering Obligations.
- Attend regular meetings of the committee held in our Dublin offices and in certain cases, attend and give evidence at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and the High Court.
Knowledge & Skills
- Qualified accountant (F/ACA, F/ACCA or F/CPA) with considerable experience in auditing of accounting records.
- High level of IT proficiency, particularly in extraction and examination of data remotely.
- Good report-writing skills, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills are essential.
- Particular attention to detail, common sense and a confident manner.
- Previous experience of solicitors' accounts is an advantage.
- Must be able to provide own car
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 07 Jan 2021