Role: Health and safety Co-ordinator - Maternity Leave Cover
Reporting to: Facilities/Health and Safety Manager
The H&S Co-ordinator will coordinate the Health & Safety operations for al Pobal offices nationwide and all domestic work spaces. Reporting to the Facilities/Health and Safety manager this role will play a key part in ensuring Pobal are meeting statutory requirements and obligations, ensuring a high-quality service and high customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilit y Areas
1. Health & Safety
- Coordinate Pobal's operations in relation to H&S in the workplace.
- Responsibility for ensuring Pobal is fully compliant with all statutory compliance obligations.
- Drive a positive H&S culture throughout the company.
- Own the H&S helpdesk and assist staff with H&S requests
- Regularly review and update Company Safety Statement and Risk Assessments with the H&S Manager
- Development of a domestic work place management and tracking system
- Refine audit approach on statutory compliance maintenance and operations
- Manage Pobal's risk assessments, ensuring Pobal is fully compliant with all statutory obligations.
- Responsible for ensuring local fire registers are up to date
- Address any issues arising to ensure all risks and associated hazards are appropriately managed.
- Provide Support to all directorates in identifying and managing risks
- Provide support to directorates in developing H&S SOPs
- Provide expert advice on use of PPE for various roles
- Own the annual Fire Drill Operations for every building
- Work with L&D to ensure that each building has trained First Aiders and Fire Wardens
- Work with L&D to identify and roll out mandatory H&S training for all staff and managers- onboarding and inductions included.
- Carry out Ergonomic and VDU assessments and Audits
- Own accident and incident investigation process
- Produce and circulate regular H&S internal communications
- Collate and interpret relevant data to produce regular reports on H&S performance
2 . Other
- Any other duties within the general requirement of this job description which may be required from time to time
1. Leadership & management - Level 2
2. Problem solving and decision making - Level 2
3. Technical & Professional Expertise - Level 2
4. Customer service & support - Level 2
5. Building & maintaining relationships - Level 2
6. Project Management - Level 2
7. Team work - Level 2
8. Analytical skills - Level 2
9. Flexibility & Adaptability - Level 2
- At least 3 years' post grad experience of working exclusively as a Health and Safety Professional in a multi-location setting
- Possess a demonstrable knowledge of the Irish H&S legislation and Regulations
- A comprehensive understanding of Irish Law relating to H&S
- Comprehensive understanding of Risk Assessment/Method Statement creation and review programmes
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Full understanding of Legionella control requirements
- Demonstrated expertise with Occupational Health & Safety legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- A very strong understanding, experience of and commitment to social inclusion issues and the contribution of the community and voluntary sector to local development, inclusion, equality and reconciliation.
- Qualifications - Degree Qualified in Health and Safety discipline is essential, Such as Occupational Health, Health and Safety Management etc
- Full clean driving licence and car ownership
Other Relevant Information
- Desirable & Advantageous experience
- Affiliation to IOSH / NEBOSH Qualification
- Legionella RP training completed
- Familiar with sustainability programmes
- Trained to train others in H&S
- Qualifications as DSE assessor
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
Terms & Conditions of Employment
- Duration of Contract - The contract is a maternity leave cover contract for a minimum of 6 months
- Annual Leave - Annual leave will be 26 working days, exclusive of public holidays pro-rated for the contract duration
- Travel & Subsistence - Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates
- Location of the position - The successful candidate will be located Pobal's Dublin office
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.