€35000 - €40000 per annum
Our client a leading Medical Device Company in Leitrim are looking for A R&D Engineer to join their team. 2-3 years previous experience in a Medical Devices environment with knowledge of medical device products and associated manufacturing processes, in particular with extrusion-based catheter assemblies.
- Development of Products, Processes and Equipment, including product and material specifications, material sourcing, equipment and tooling specifications and sourcing, process development and testing, to develop new products for customers or the Company from concept to design freeze.
- Project manage all developments to ensure that all commitments are achieved including functional prototypes, delivery dates, design iteration samples, test protocols and reports, project costs and other project deliverables are achieved.
- Ensure full compliance with all Quality, Regulatory, Health and Safety and other relevant legislation. This will include the completion of Design History Files, Design Inputs, Outputs, Design Reviews, Logbooks, etc as necessary. Ensure full traceability of Design Development and control of changes.
- Generation of product & tooling drawings to support Quotations, Prototyping and Process Development.
- Product and process concept generation, presentation, prototyping and development.
- Support on a technical level to the Sales and Marketing Team.
- Creating assembly & project quotations and communicate effectively with customers.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and be able to communicate clearly both written and oral.
- Ensure full and effective transfer of new products after Design Freeze to manufacturing areas ensuring that the product and processes are fully developed to allow product/process validation to begin. Provide comprehensive training to production, quality and technical staff to ensure a smooth production start including validations and records. Note that this stage is to be handles through the official change control (ECR/ECO) procedures.
- Constantly review the development processes to ensure they are effective and compliant with the goal to achieve the optimum development cycles at minimum cost. Ensure Lean GROWTTH principles are followed especially 3P, 5S, DMAIC and 6 sigma.
- Train and develop junior engineers and other technical staff. Assign tasks and provide support and assistance to the development team.
- Aid and support to other departments including Production, Quality and Technical as required. This could include major issues with new products/processes developed, resource balancing and major priorities. Participate in CAPA, Audit, Validation, MRB/NCMR activities if required.
- Management of PAO/Trainer/Technician/Associate/R&D Engineer, as applicable (Senior R&D Engineer)
- Ensure the requirements of ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 are considered during design, development and new product introduction and integrated into production processes.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S System over which you have control to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Contribute to enhanced energy performance by conservation of energy where possible (Lighting, Equipment, Air Conditioning etc).
- Contribute to the continual improvement activities of the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management systems through participation, providing feedback/ suggestions for improvement and by reporting accidents, dangerous occurrence, near miss/ illness, good catch and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate
- Third level Qualification in Engineering or Science, preferably in Mechanical or Biomedical; Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a Science / Technology / Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent)
- Ideally design capability with CAD systems (Solid Edge)
- Ideally 2-3 years previous experience in a Medical Devices environment with knowledge of medical device products and associated manufacturing processes, in particular with extrusion-based catheter assemblies.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Motivated and Self-starting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing, fast paced environment.
- High level computer skills including Microsoft Excel PowerPoint and Word. Solid Edge and MS Project desirable.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity contract Orla Crowley 0830286256
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 30 Aug 2021