General Manager - Financial Services
€100000 - €125000 per annum
My client an industry leader is looking for General Manager (Financial services) to join their team. The client has an ambitious objective in leading the way in developing trusted Financial Services products and solutions for consumers and SMEs throughout Ireland. Based in Dublin and reporting to the Director, Financial Services, the General Manager will drive and deliver on the strategic direction of the Financial Services business.
- Design, develop and lead the realisation of a trusted Financial Services product portfolio development strategy, which will meet the current and future needs of consumers and SMEs.
- Build the Financial Services product portfolio, working in partnership with market leading providers to deliver and execute the organisations wider ambition of extending its financial services offerings throughout Ireland.
- Manage the Financial Services product portfolio full product lifecycle from ideation through development, launch, sale and consumer response.
- Ensure our Product Portfolio remains vibrant, attractive and relevant across and throughout the Irish landscape.
- Diligently monitor and evaluate market developments, key industry information and competitor activities to ensure that the Financial Services products are optimised to meet the evolving needs of consumers and SMEs and to identify further opportunities for sustainable growth
- Collaboratively lead a customer-design-led lending propositions team with partners and other areas across the organisation to identify traditional and new innovation opportunities to meet and exceed customer's expectations.
- Ensure that all products and processes are compliant with legislation, regulation and industry best practice.
- Lead and direct the product team in relation to the annual AML Business Risk Assessment identifying key risks and implementing controls.
- Monitor, analyse and report on performance against Business Plan. Articulate the key drivers of variance and recommend corrective actions and participate across the formal governance forums.
- Lead the development of the financial planning process together with business and support units to create an integrated strategic plan for various sales channels.
- Manage and oversee all 3rd party suppliers in line with regulatory requirements.
- Deputise for the Financial Services Director at the relevant Financial Services compliance risk fora and at industry body level. (e.g. Banking & Payments Federation and Fintech Payments Association of Ireland)
- Manage, lead and encourage Direct Reports and their teams to continuously improve the Financial Services product portfolio in operation and in life-cycle development.
- Embed a customer-centric ethos within your team.
- 10 years' customer centric experience across the Financial Services industry
- Consumer and SME product management experience, building, delivering and growing consumer and SME portfolios in the Irish market.
- Passionate about delivering for customers, which is matched to the conveyance of the commercial needs and strategic objectives.
- A commercial track record in strategy, innovation, propositions and proven delivery of robust customer solutions that support the achievement of sustained profit performance is essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge of customer-centred design methodologies and of the product / proposition development lifecycle from idea generation, to bringing a new product to market or enhancing existing products / propositions based on changing customer needs is evident in your experience.
- A deep understanding of global and domestic consumer and SME Financial Service markets and evolving customer design led innovation is critical.
- A strong understanding of new and emerging technologies and their uses in consumer business models.
- As an accomplished leader, you are adept at motivating and developing teams, demonstrating exceptional stakeholder management capability, harvesting, fostering and maintaining quality relationships with the ability to influence at senior management level.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 23 Mar 2021