Head of Manufacturing Operations
Our client is a small innovative rapidly growing company, who produce and sell a premium product, which is regularly recognised as best in class by the industry.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, meticulous, conscientious safe pair of hands to join their leadership team.
As Head of Operations, you will be a core member of the leadership team, responsible for the management of day to day operations and the forward growth planning of same.
- Driving productivity to maximise output whilst ensuring standards are adhered to.
- Implementing industry best practice and instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Coaching and mentoring staff on site and driving engagement within the team
- Providing direction and support to the Operations Team, managing and facilitating their performance and development and ensuring departmental structure and skills are developed to meet changing requirements
- Having responsibility for all aspects of safety and quality, ensuring Standards are implemented and effective audit procedures are established with the correct level of training given.
- Deriving an advanced labour and production plan and review on a weekly basis
- Controlling labour and materials at cost level and account for any anomalies
- Responsibility for supply chain planning and operations
- Delivering customer service levels at agreed target levels and continuously identify areas for improvement.
- Identifying changes in process/method that will lead to productivity improvement
- Developing communication between and within shifts and departments
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- A proven track record of working in a senior production/operational role in the manufacturing industry with 10 years+ experience in a similar role.
- A strong understanding of Continuous Improvement/TPM, and ideally a Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt qualification
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate teams of staff
- A degree qualification in engineering or related discipline
- The ability to drive results in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of driving improvement within area / department
- Ability to coach and mentor people in a 100% collaborative way.
- Strong leader who leads by example
- Excellent communication/engagement skills at all levels of the business
- Financial/commercial awareness
- The ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
You will have a strong degree of ownership and autonomy which is second to none. With full accountability for the day to day running of this operation you will play an instrumental part in identifying and implementing the manufacturing strategy in order to achieve further success.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you will have a flair for management, you will have an inclusive management style which easily gains buy-in from all, whilst being able to influence across the greater business.
Inherent in any senior manufacturing role is the ability to achieve through your people and drive both cultural and operational change - as such you will have a track record of success of delivering sustainable change through Manufacturing principles.
This position was pPosted on 10 Jun 2020