A global award-winning Executive Staffing Consultant with an unrivalled track record of recruiting exceptional talent. Ken puts his success down to matching talent with culture, not C.Vs with job specs.Contact Ken View all Ken's Jobs
• To identify, assess, monitor, and report on compliance risk in two key wealth management divisions of a MiFID firm within the Group.
• To oversee and contribute to the Compliance Risk Assessment for these divisions on an ongoing basis to ensure that the objectives, focus, and scope of compliance monitoring and advisory activities remain valid.
• To ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Plan is continuously reviewed and prioritised and that scheduled monitoring is undertaken with findings reported and followed upon.
• To drive a strong compliance culture throughout the Group.
• To provide accurate, consistent, and timely advice to the business on an ongoing basis, including; responding to ad hoc queries; providing inputs to projects; advising on new products and business proposals; contributing to policy documents; and providing training as appropriate.
• To liaise with regulatory bodies on matters ranging from inspections to day to day queries.
• To be responsible for the collation of regulatory reports as required.
• To lead and develop one or more compliance professionals.
• To report on a regular and timely basis to the Deputy Head of Compliance.
• To prepare more formal quarterly updates for the Head of Compliance for the purposes of reporting to the Risk & Compliance sub-committee of the Board.
• To monitor upstream regulatory developments and assess impact, participating in project groups to prepare for implementation and communicating preparedness and risks as appropriate.
• 5+ years working in a compliance team in an investment firm with a thorough working knowledge of MiFID II, MAR, and CPC and an in-depth understanding of the regulatory requirements applicable to wealth management and financial planning;
• Extensive experience of managing and influencing decisions at the most senior levels;
• Professional Certificate in Compliance/Professional Diploma in Compliance and/or a willingness to take exams in the future if required.
• Third Level Degree in Business, Finance, Law or equivalent;
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to help educate, negotiate, gain consensus on decisions and enforce results;
• Ability to self-motivate and work to tight deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment are essential;
• Strength of character and a willingness to individually challenge collective thinking; and
• Ability to concisely articulate alternative views under pressure.
The position set out above is defined in the Fitness & Probity Standards issued by the Central Bank of Ireland (“Fitness & Probity Standards”) as a “Controlled Function (CF)”, namely CF2. In compliance with the Fitness and Probity Standards applicable to your position, any offer of employment is conditional upon you demonstrating that you meet the Fitness & Probity Standards