€30000 - €45000 per annum Pension, Healthcare, Bonus, etc
About the role
My client a leading independent Management Company has an exciting opportunity for a Valuation Officer to join their Valuations Team. The role will be based in Limerick on a permanent full-time basis.
- Support the Valuation Function on the day-to-day activities.
- Perform periodic NAV checks on Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) with illiquid strategies (private equity, private equity funds, private debts, real estate etc.)
- Monitor and review the AIFs asset portfolios (asset costs and fair values etc.) and develop preliminary analytical reviews (consistency checks) to monitor changes.
- Monitor the separate AIFs NAV reporting timetables in relation to NAV delivery dates and Team deadlines.
- Assist the Valuation Function in reviewing assets valuation models - mainly for illiquid and unquoted assets including private equity, real estate, private debt and other hard-to-value assets.
- Review Fund valuation policies.
- Perform various accounting and valuation checks and report results to senior Valuation Team members.
- Attend Valuation Committee meetings.
- Assist the Valuation Team in performing initial and ongoing due diligences on external valuation agents.
- Manage relationships with clients and external parties (auditors, delegates, service providers, etc.) in relation to valuation checks performed.
- Draft the Service Level Agreements valuation sections, review of prospectus, specific agreements fees schedules and other documents in line with client requirements and in relation with the valuation function.
- Participation in different projects (implementation of new regulations, systems, presentations, etc.)
- Assist the risk management and the portfolio management functions when required.
- Masters in Finance or Quantitative Finance is considered an advantage.
- 1-3 years experience in either NAV oversight, Alternatives Fund accounting, external audit, valuation.
- Knowledge of operating models for key areas of an AIFM or Management Company, such as Central Administration, Distribution, or Depositary oversight.
- A good understanding of illiquid and unquoted assets and financial derivatives.
- Strong financial modelling skills in order to analyse hard to value assets (knowledge of DCF, transactional and trading multiples).
- Team spirit and communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage various tasks.
- Meticulous and highly organised.
- High standards of quality and numerical accuracy.
- Good knowledge of current and upcoming Fund regulations (UCITS, AIFMD, UCITS V, etc.).
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 22 Jul 2022