Senior Project Process Engineer
€66 - €75000 per annum
The engineer will serve Manufacturing Operations as primary customer. The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA) & Supply Chain (SCM) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
This person will lead and coordinate the project engineering activities associated with the further development of new and existing manufacturing capacity. The position will utilize learnings from existing manufacturing technologies to aid in the development of new technologies with the overall objective of developing & implementing higher output systems.
The role will also include mentoring junior project engineers and providing project guidance. Further, it will include oversight of overall process development, including liaising with technology partners to achieve desired outcomes.
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES:
- Health & Safety: This person will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance on the production equipment sets within the remit of the technology group, by supporting both the conduction and timely closeout of safety risk assessments and associated actions.
- Process Support: Working in collaboration with the maintenance and manufacturing teams, this person will be responsible for providing technical and engineering support to any process, quality or equipment failure that may arise on the equipment sets within remit.
- Process improvements: Working in collaboration with the maintenance and manufacturing teams, this person will be responsible for identifying and implementing process and product improvements on key production equipment - quantifying these improvements through OEE gains and/or waste reductions.
- Process Qualifications: Support qualification of new products/processes and ensure compliance to quality standards through the execution of protocols. This person will also be accomplished in writing technical reports and Engineering Protocols.
- Data Analysis: This person will be responsible for reviewing collated machine performance data (The OEE elements of Availability, Performance & Waste) on a daily basis and using this data to drive improvement decisions in order to meet Plant OEE & waste targets.
- Project Management: This person will be responsible for delivering improvement projects on time and within budget, monitoring project progress to anticipate problems and develop solutions before they become critical, and use clearly understood metrics to report progress to key stakeholders.
Primary Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 6 years post qualification experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, to include experience with development and troubleshooting of highly automated production equipment.
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload complexity in a high-paced 24/7 production environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude & troubleshooting ability. Knowledgeable in process problem-solving tools.
Specialised skills/Technical Knowledge
- Understanding of PLC systems
- Pneumatics to an advanced level
- Understanding of main KPI's within a production environment (OEE, Waste, etc.)
- 2/3D CAD skills
- Occupational Health & Safety
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 11 May 2023
Apply for this job