As a qualified accountant and experienced accountancy recruiter Gareth offers a tailored service to his clients and candidates. Gareth primarily focuses on providing qualified accountants from Small to Medium Companies, Public Limited Companies, and Shared Service Centres.
View all Gareth's Jobs
Accountant - Immediate Start
Dublin West, Dublin
€50000 - €65000 per annum
Our client is seeking an Accountant to join their team on a contract basis for a role based in Blanchardstown this role would suit a part or fully qualified accountant who is comfortable preparing full sets of accounts and financial reporting. The company has a good culture and work life balance.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly & annual group reporting under US GAAP and local GAAP for a portfolio of entities & property set of books
- Ownership of various finance functional areas for a number of properties which feed into the set of books
- Work in a team of accountants & assistant accountants with responsibilities across other functional areas
- Review & process all transactions for your ledgers. Prepare & review all balance sheet accounts as part of month end close controls
- Take responsibility & ownership for local statutory audits for a number of entities across Europe
- Be a trusted colleague to internal teams such as asset management, sales, FP&A and site operations; as well as manage third-party service providers supporting local compliance & tax filings
- Develop a deep understanding of business to be able to input into standardisation of processes across the functions, working with colleagues in Europe, Asia and the US.
- Important contribution in the accounting and internal control systems, and be proactive in leading improvements focused on finance operational excellence
- Embrace opportunities to be involved in integration and other finance projects
- Actively seek out ad-hoc & non-routine tasks/projects to dynamically progress your career
- Experience of IFRS, UK/Irish GAAP & US GAAP
- Strong systems knowledge and intermediate/advanced Excel skills are required
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within limited time constraints.
About Wallace Myers International | Recruitment Agency
Wallace Myers International recruitment teams specialise in accountancy, financial services, hr, business support, administration, construction, engineering, marketing, retail, technology and executive search.
This position was pPosted on 12 Apr 2019