Senior Quality Specialist
€40000 - €50000 per annum
Senior Quality Specialist
Our Client an Irish owned contract laboratory provider is currently looking to recruit a Senior Quality Specialist for their Molecular Division with experience with ISO15189 within a laboratory setting essential. With the Ability to critically review analytical and strong leadership skills. Based in Galway
- Assuming responsibility for quality control in the Molecular laboratories including validation work, management, and control of QC data.
- Ensure a safe laboratory environment - in conjunction with all staff.
- Ensuring all internal and external calibrations are performed as required.
- Performing quality audits.
- Identifying and recording any quality problems and initiating Non-Conformance protocols.
- Implement and monitor standards of performance through quality indicators and quality improvement of service - in conjunction with Quality Manager.
- Authorisation of amendments to the manuals and document control.
- Performing trend analysis, reporting, and reviewing performance in proficiency testing.
- Maintaining staff training files and all documentation associated with the Molecular laboratory.
- Ensuring that resources assigned are adequate to perform to ISO 15189 standard.
- Leading and overseeing method validation/verification work in the Molecular laboratory.
- Signatory for molecular analysis, checking results, reports and liaise with the Consultant Clinical Microbiologist and clients.
- Liaise with the laboratory supervisor and team leads on all quality issues.
- When necessary, selecting referral laboratories and monitor the quality of their service - in conjunction with Quality Manager.
- Assisting the Quality Manager in preparation for and participation in external accreditation and customer audits.
- Assisting the Quality Manager in maintaining the quality of tests carried out in the Molecular laboratory, the results obtained and all relating procedures, protocols, and records.
- Compliance with ISO 17025, ISO 15189 INAB and ISO 9001 requirements and CLS internal quality and technical procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- A third level qualification in Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- 3-5 yrs. min experience working in ISO15189 laboratory environment
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 in the clinical laboratory environment.
- A professional, pro-active approach with strong leadership and influencing skills as well as an ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Can demonstrate an ability to critically review analytical data, excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Experience at building strong relationships across an organisation.
- Be capable of working on own initiative as well as within a team.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Proven effective time management skills and ability to manage priorities.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity contact Orla Crowley /0860286256
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 25 Mar 2021