€50000 - €60000 per annum
A Leading Food Company is now seeking a Technical Manager to join their team in Kildare. This person will participate in the development and maintenance of the Quality and Food Safety systems to customer, third party standards, and regulatory requirements ensuring adherence to relevant legislation.
Your role as Technical Manager
As part of the Senior Team, the Technical Manager has day to day responsibility for the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Management of Food Safety & Quality processes and procedures.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of a HACCP based quality management system.
- Ensure compliance with HACCP, food safety, legal compliance, and customer requirements of all products.
- Leading and supporting third party audits.
- Liaising with customers, statutory bodies and external parties during audits and visits (BRC/ Dept. of Agriculture).
- Responsibility for internal audit, developing audit schedules based on risk, creating and maintaining audit templates, conduct audits and/or ensure that audits are conducted as specified.
- Ensure strict food safety, GMP and hygiene standards are implemented, maintained and adhered to.
- Build a culture which drives food safety throughout the site.
- Deliver training and support to the operations and wider site staff in relation to Food Safety & Quality.
- Develop site Food Safety and Quality strategies and annual operating plans
- Monitor and manage complaints
- Keep up to date with legislative changes and technical developments
- Problem solving including root cause analysis, implementation of corrective action and control of non-conforming products
Experience and Skills:
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant Food Science / Technology discipline
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems, procedures, and policies
- Strong background in HACCP principles
- Proven experience of leading Food Safety & Quality teams in Food Manufacturing environment
- Lead auditor experience
- Previous experience in a BRC accredited environment
- Experience of delivering training
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Self-motivated and results orientated individual
For more information on the Technical Manger role call Orla Crowley 0830286256
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 31 May 2021